Online education is on the rise, leading to more people pursuing their education online. With this trend, entrepreneurs are taking note of how online courses can help them grow their businesses. From Udemy’s mobile app to Coursera’s partnership with Starbucks, tuition-free courses are becoming increasingly popular among both teachers and students alike.
Here are three ways in which you can use free online courses in your entrepreneurial endeavors:
1) You can use free courses to upskill yourself in a particular subject area you want to pursue (e.g., accounting). Teaching yourself also frees up time for other things like working on your business or blog.
2) If you’re looking for an online course to teach or train others (e.g., your employees), free courses can provide a solid base before you invest in the class or program. You’ll know what it’s like to be a student, and get feedback on how engaged your students are.
3) Online education provides a good opportunity to give something back to the community in which you’re working. You can make use of courses offered by other universities as well as create your own class to share with other entrepreneurs, while also promoting your business.
If you’re not sure where to start, there are some free online courses available that can help with building your business?
Here are my top five recommendations:
1) University of Pennsylvania’s Online Entrepreneurship Course from Coursera – More than half a million students from around the world have taken this entrepreneurship course. It focuses on startup business planning and management, analyzing markets, valuation, and financing your company. The class consists of weekly readings and assignments and takes about six to eight weeks to complete.
2) Sentiness Business Planning from Harvard Business School – This course covers basic steps in the business-planning process such as assessing customer needs, creating your marketing strategy, defining your competitive advantage and pricing guidelines for your products or services. It’s offered as an e-learning course on Coursera.
3) Udemy Strategy Class by Udemy – Whether you’re a master in the field or a newbie entrepreneur, this course can help you create a business plan for launching your own product or service. It gives you strategies and planning tips for any business ranging from technology to services.
4) Stanford University’s Master of Science in Management Online Program – This online course will teach you how to build an effective and viable business that grows over time. You can also use the program as an entry-level graduate degree to create your own MBA program in management.
5) Columbia Business School’s Online MBA – This program consists of 15-20 supplemental courses that are designed to expand your knowledge, skills, and career options. You can also gain the necessary focus and apply the skills and knowledge you have learned to your own business endeavors.
Here is a brief on what the article is going to be about: “how to create an online course“. If you have a knowledge or skill that people would love to learn, but usually only learn from expensive courses, expensive classes, or travel, there’s a third option: Create a series of videos and publish them as an online course and then know that “how to sell online courses”. We’re going to take you through the process of writing out the curriculum and content for your course as well as setting up your Amazon Web Services account so that your data will be secure.
It takes time and focuses to learn from the wealth of information available online – but it is an incredibly cost-effective way to learn new skills and business tactics. By creating your own business plan, you can create a plan for locating, securing and addressing your target market. This can be a crucial component in any startup or existing business, as it shows that you have an idea of the direction your company will go in the future. So whether you’re looking for ways to grow your business or simply want to further develop your skills, free online classes can be a good resource to grow your knowledge and build up your entrepreneurial experience.